Wednesday 18 August 2010

This is the day of destiny. This is...the Arockalypse!

Oh yes, Lordi in my post title. That's an achievment. Do you remember Lordi? Those epic people that one the Eurovision Song Contest a few years back for Finland? Yeah, they were awesome. Anyway, that's all I have to say on that matter, as for once, my title actually has some sort of relevance to what I want to talk to you all about, even though the title makes out that today is the day, but in fact it's 24 hours in the future.

Thursday, the 19th of August. Also known as, results day. Or, the day I die.

Hopefully, I won't die. But it's a very important day. For me, for nearly every person aged 17 or 18 all over the world. Tomorrow is the day many dreams of students going to their first choice University will be realised and, sadly, many dreams of students going to their first choice University will be smashed, to be utterly truthful. Now, I have a horrible feeling I will be in the latter group as I have a sinking feeling I screwed up my French exam in one way or another, be it completely failing at my verb conjugations or simply writing it all out in Welsh as opposed to, er, French. It may interest you to know that I started writing this yesterday, which was Tuesday, the 17th, and I continued it today, Wednesday, the 18th. Which means I'm even closer to my death day.

Why is it that results day is among the most stressful day in all of mankind? I mean, day one of World War One and Two must've been pretty scary. But I doubt it mounts to as much stress as A Level results day in every year since the first ever results day. It's petrifying. Interesting RBJ fact, I'm a shaker. I shake all the time, I have no idea why, I just do, it's impossible for me to not shake. Today however, my shakyness has increased tenfold. Everytime I finish a sentence to think about what the next sentence will be, I stare at my hands quivering with anxiousness. It's insane, I remember being nervous before my GCSE Results, which I told you all about in my awful first post, I won't link to it because you just shouldn't read it, but this is insane.

Tomorrow, be on the look out for my inevitably depressing blog in which I tell you that I didn't manage to get my A for French*, reveal what I got in Drama and History (my guess is a B and C, respectively...I hope) and that I did get to a University - Trefforest Industrial College for the History of Ironing. Sounds good.

So, wish me luck!

*To get into Nottingham, I need ABC with an A in French. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

No comments: